How Can You Help?
There are a few ways you can help these beautiful birds:
- Make a tax-deductible donation towards their care. All donations go towards food, care and supplies – none of our staff accept a salary. You can donate via Paypal or click the Contact Us link below to mail a check. We will e-mail tax receipts.
- Learn about them and spread the word to educate others about their beauty, vulnerability to predators, personality.
- We use Mazuri waterfowl food – the best available for complete nutrition. We feed 2 50lb. bags per week at $36 per bag so it does get expensive! As you may notice on the live cameras, we have many wild ducks that come for the day and they really enjoy the Mazuri. We are happy to feed them though!
- We use Bermuda hay for their bedding in the bar, it takes 2 bales per week at $5 per bale and we completely change it every week in the summer, every 2 weeks in the winter.
- We add probiotics and vitamins to their food to boost their immune system.
- Veterinary Care:
- Dr. Shannon McGee at Collierville Animal Clinic is one of the best exotic veterinarians and provides wonderful care. He helps us as much as he can but things like lab tests and x-rays cannot be discounted. Some tests such as metal poisoning are $170 per test. Blood tests are $130. This adds up and can easily total $1000.
- Dr. David Wright and Dr. Jimmy Murphy at The Pet Hospitals provide some of the health care and supply our medication and medical supplies at a huge discount which helps tremendously. They also provide initial x-rays to see if the bird ingested life threatening metals before rescued.
- Offer your time and/or expertise in marketing, fundraising, supplies, etc.
Contact Us for more information or any questions.
If you would like to make a one-time donation, please click the Donate button at the top of any page. If you would like to setup an automatic donation, please select one of the options below: